Phosphorous is the most important nutrient in New Zealand farming systems as it is the plant’s energy source and helps develop healthy roots. Phosphate fertilisers are seen as a fundamental ingredient in the ‘diet’ of crops and pasture. However, not all phosphate fertilisers are created equal…
Dicalcic Phosphate has many benefits over and above other phosphate sources:
- Superior phosphate efficiency
- More significant improvements in soil chemistry and biology
- Cost savings
- Reduces environmental impact
These benefits have been documented worldwide over the years.
DiCal8 – twice as strong as traditional Dicalcic Phosphate
Several years ago, Fertco began supplying Dicalcic Phosphate in New Zealand under the product name Dical. As our customers saw excellent results, we decided to invest in developing its nutrient efficiency even further, and recently introduced our new-generation Dical8.
Twice as strong as traditional Dicalcic Phosphate, Dical8 is redefining the way
New Zealand farmers apply phosphate.
Benefits of Dical8
- Less prone to P ‘lock up’ in soil
- Nutrient rich and very high efficiency – less is needed to achieve same result. In fact, we recommend that a third to a quarter less phosphate from DCP is required, compared to other sources of phosphate.
- Saves money on both cartage and spreading
- pH neutral – no acid impact on plant feeder roots or soil biology
- Releases phosphate at a controlled rate matching plant requirements
- Greater yield of dry matter per unit P applied than other phosphate fertiliser
- Low cost per tonne maintenance phosphate and lime – in one application
- Beneficial to soil bacteria and micro-organisms
- Liming effect
- Able to be sown with seed
- Also contains calcium and sulphur
- Less prone to P leaching and P run-off – kinder on the environment and your wallet!
Our customers using Dical and Dical8 talk of healthier stock, less dependence on nitrogen fertilisers, greener pastures that continue to product through dry periods and a healthier, denser pasture sward.
- Dical8 is the only Dicalcic Phosphate to carry the Fertmark tick
- The manufacturing process is completely unique to Fertco
- Dical8 is only available from Fertco
Fertco Dicalcic Phosphate is also available in a specially granulated form suitable for aerial spreading