Dicalcic Phosphate is a more efficient and more eco-friendly form of phosphate. These advantages have been well-documented, worldwide, over the years.
Several years ago, Fertco pioneered the use of Dicalcic Phosphate in New Zealand, designing our own product, Dical. Aerial Dical is a specially granulated form of Dical for aerial spreading
Benefits of Aerial Dical
- Superior phosphate efficiency
- Less prone to P ‘lock up’ in soil
- Nutrient rich and very high efficiency – less is needed to achieve same result. In fact, we recommend that a third to a quarter less phosphate from DCP is required, compared to other sources of phosphate.
- Saves money on spreading
- pH neutral – no acid impact on plant feeder roots or soil biology
- Releases phosphate at a controlled rate matching plant requirements
- Greater yield of dry matter per unit P applied than other phosphate fertilisers
- Low cost per tonne maintenance phosphate and lime – in one application
- Beneficial to soil bacteria and micro-organisms
- Liming effect
- Also contains calcium and sulphur
- Less prone to P leaching and P run-off – kinder on the environment and your wallet!
The results are healthier stock, less dependence on nitrogen fertilisers, greener pastures that continue to product through dry periods and a healthier, denser pasture sward.